Why choose Oakbridge?
Established in 1988, when Windows were something you looked out of, two business partners created Oakbridge Financial Services. From the outset the primary focus was to provide a suite of financial services that would have at their heart a “client first” focus. Although technology has certainly changed over the past 25 years, as has the range of services we offer, however our “client first” focus remains our primary objective.
- 1988 Oakbridge Financial Services was established.
- 1991 One of the 1st Financial Services Companies to provide clients with an “In House” Investment Management Service.
- 1994 Introduction of a “One Stop Shop” service for Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF). Clients could have a full Administration/Compliance and Investment Management Service all under the one roof. This service was introduced only twelve months after DIY/SMSF legislation was introduced via the SIS act (1993).
- 1995 Direct Share Service introduced allowing clients to buy/sell shares through our office. No further need for a separate Stockbroker.
- 1999 Both partners obtain Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualifications, the highest qualification available to practicing Financial Planners.
- 2000 Oakbridge obtains a new Australian Financial Services License, one of the first 50 to be issued.
- 2010 The Oakbridge online Investment Service is launched, resulting in all clients having the ability to view their investment portfolios whenever they want 24/7, from anywhere in the world via website client login service.
- 2012 A full suite of accounting services are added, with the formation of Oakbridge Accounting Services.
- 2013 Oakbridge Financial Services and Oakbridge Accounting Services have a name change to better reflect the structure of the business. Our new name is Oakbridge Group.